The right advice that balances price optimisation and process delivery
A core focus is the provision of strategic and practical advice to our clients on M&A. We are highly experienced in both public and private M&A (buy side and sell side), including in highly regulated public markets such as the UK.
We work with clients on one-off assignments and also on ongoing programmes of acquisitions, and always seek to build long-term client relationships. Our work typically encapsulates a full range of advice, including:
- target selection and approach
- advising on negotiations
- financial analysis
- assisting in formulating and executing appropriate financing strategies, often in the form of structured financing
In providing buy-side advice, we focus on generating the right balance of price discipline and of process delivery to optimise our clients’ chances of success at any given price level. We have worked on a repeated basis with a significant number of our clients and find that such recurring interaction reinforces the benefits of our advice.
Our sectoral expertise is often an important element of our value add.
Our clients use us to advise on and execute the divestiture of divisions and the sale of the whole of their business.
In such assignments, we can bring to bear a full range of capabilities:
- strategic advice as to the desirability/feasibility of a sale
- valuation advice as to the range of possible outcomes
- structuring advice, for example on what to include within the sale and/or a sale of the parts versus the whole
- process advice, typically focusing on how narrow or broad the process should be, whether/how to run a financing and/or private equity process in tandem, and how to maximise deliverability and price through competitive tension or other means
As well as delivering the right advice, we also seek, where possible, to minimise the burden of the process on management and hence its impact on the performance of the business.
We have extensive experience of public market advisory assignments, in particular in the UK, where we have advised on a number of public to privates.